Users Browsing

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
Locked by LRC

Users Browsing

Post by Locked by LRC »

Whenever I get to the forum I look at the other users on line. Tonight when I looked at the "General Chastity Chat" I noticed in a lighter blue Google [Bot]. When I hovered over it it didn't turn red like it did over the other members did that were on line. When I checked all of the other sections it didn't appear. It was only in the General Chasity Chat section. I checked it twice. I didn't know if this was anything to be concerned about, just wanted you to know.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Users Browsing

Post by Tom Allen »

Search engines send out 'bots' or 'sniffers' that scan for keywords to catalogue; that's how you can get an answer so quickly when you type in your search query.

The big problem are the dozens of Russian spammers (no, they're not all from Russia, but many of them are) that are constantly sweeping through forums like this one; they have scripts that allow them to join or register so they can post messages. The scripts are getting quite sophisticated, so we now have a policy that a new member's first post must be hand-approved, so we can determine that they are human.

The tricky thing is trying to delete or ban the spammers. You probably notice that each morning there's a list of new members, most of which having very odd names. Many spammer scripts generate fake names with semi-random letters, mixing vowels and consonants, but I'm seeing some that look *almost* like the names someone might choose as a forum "nick", so we have to check those closely to see that we dont' accidentally ban a person.
0 x