The Icons have stopped working correctly

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
cb6000s

The Icons have stopped working correctly

Post by cb6000s »

Not a big deal but in Firefox I have just started noticing that the icon stays read even when I have read all of the posts. I have to go in and mark all posts as read and then the icon goes blue. But then it happens again when there are new posts. I read them all and the icon stays red. It is probably something to do with Firefox but if it is something to do with the website I thought the administrators might want to know.
0 x
Atone
Re: The Icons have stopped working correctly

Post by Atone »

I have noticed some similar strangeness lately using IE and also a reader on my iPhone. Usually I use this link

http://chastityforums.com/search.php?se ... nreadposts

to show all threads with unread posts and it still works as expected.

-A
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

My first thought is that it's a cache issue. I see this once in a while from my phone, but I can't duplicate it on my PC.

If you're logging in several times a day, it's possible that you need to flush your browser cache. Also, if you back out of the forum, it's more likely to stay unread (cache, again). Try clicking the link to go back to the main page to see if that helps.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

Tom Allen wrote:My first thought is that it's a cache issue. I see this once in a while from my phone, but I can't duplicate it on my PC.
It does seem like a cache issue. It is odd though that I noticed that it started about the same time on my phone and on my pc browser. I don't think my browsing habits have changed very much but it is possible.

-A
0 x
kpb57

Post by kpb57 »

With me, it's only the "General Chastity Chat" icon that seems to work in an erratic fashion. I just posted there myself, and that made the icon change from "read" to "unread".
0 x
Currently using: Steelworxx Looker 2
Owns: CB6000, Bon4, Sentinel (Copy), Birdcage (Copy), Lovejail, Gerecke Desire (Titanium)
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

kpb57 wrote:With me, it's only the "General Chastity Chat" icon that seems to work in an erratic fashion. I just posted there myself, and that made the icon change from "read" to "unread".
I wonder if you're reading at the same time I'm clearing out the spam posts makes a difference. While spam is hidden from you, there might be dozens of posts in a forum, and if I'm cleaning them out while you are logged in (as has just happened a few minutes before I wrote this) it might affect the icons.
0 x
kpb57

Post by kpb57 »

That must be it, since spam posts will come in all the time (and probably lurk in the background all the time when we Europeans are online), and only(mostly?) in the General forum, they will cause that to be shown as "unread".
0 x
Currently using: Steelworxx Looker 2
Owns: CB6000, Bon4, Sentinel (Copy), Birdcage (Copy), Lovejail, Gerecke Desire (Titanium)
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Just a follow-up. I opened the site in one browser window, and the moderator panel to the site in another. I deleted a bunch of spam, then went back to the first window, and the icons acted funny until I refreshed.

Not sure there's anything I can do from here.
0 x