Session timeout

Board announcements, questions from members, etc.
Atone
Session timeout

Post by Atone »

Seems like almost every post or PM I have tried to make over the last couple of days has resulted in a session timeout (I will try to capture the exact error). Got it, happened when I posted this, the error is "Your request timed out. Please retry the request." When I go back to the previous page I have been able to recover what I typed but I think some others have lost some posts that they were working on. That may be a function of the browser, I am using Chrome on OSX.

I know it is not limited to my computer because it happened on my iphone as well using the AT&T 3G network. That was using Mercury for the browser which I think uses the Safari engine.

Just a warning to anyone creating a nice long post, you might want to copy it to your clipboard before you submit it.

-A
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4
Re: Session timeout

Post by TwistedMister »

Atone wrote:Seems like almost every post or PM I have tried to make over the last couple of days has resulted in a session timeout (I will try to capture the exact error). Got it, happened when I posted this, the error is "Your request timed out. Please retry the request." When I go back to the previous page I have been able to recover what I typed but I think some others have lost some posts that they were working on. That may be a function of the browser, I am using Chrome on OSX.

I know it is not limited to my computer because it happened on my iphone as well using the AT&T 3G network. That was using Mercury for the browser which I think uses the Safari engine.

Just a warning to anyone creating a nice long post, you might want to copy it to your clipboard before you submit it.

-A
Yeah, I had a similar problem when composing a post that required a lot of thought and a little research. When I hit 'submit' it went to a login page, and after I re-logged in even backing up to the previous post reply page, my text was gone.

Same thing happened again today but this time I had the foresight to copy my text, having a feeling that I might have reached the time-out limit...I had.

I'm using FireFox 3.0.6 on Vista on this particular machine. I *think* I recall there being a 'keep alive' setting in the config, somewhere...I think I'll look for it...

Edit: Found the keep-alive setting in FF config, it was already enabled.

The board is somehow not recognizing it, or is ignoring it?
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Atone

Post by Atone »

This is something new, I doubt it is a setting in your browser. I didn't have to login again so maybe that is why my text was still there.

-A
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Yes, if you click away from your reply, then back up back to it, the text seems to still be cached...but if you get the demand to log in and do it, it disappears. I haven't tested yet to see if you can go back from the login demand page (having not logged in) and have the text be there.

I changed the keep-alive timeout from 300 to 100 anyway, just to see what would happen. Then I went and browsed a few other blogs for a while. When I came back I was still logged in but I don't know what the time limit was here, so I can't tell yet if it was successful or if I simply wasn't away long enough to get auto-logged out.

I'll just keep observing and see what happens- knowing me, it won't be long before I again spend an inordinate amount of time composing a reply.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Atone

Post by Atone »

Does it on a quick reply too.

-A

ETA: I was wrong didn't do it on that quick reply, guess I was fast enough.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

Since becoming a member I have this problem frequently. I always use 3G so I thought it had to do with this.

Sometimes I will Preview and it will show okay. Then, when I hit Submit, it will say the server was lost.

I have learnt to always save before I do anything because of these problems.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I've been trying to duplicate this, but I'm not getting anything like it, either on my browser or on my phone. Tried a few different browsers, too.

Once in a while, though, the site is just very, very slow. I assume it's when the PHPBB folks are doing some upgrading.
0 x
danj

Post by danj »

For the record, I had this happen to me yesterday.
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

Tom; I had a problem at 9:50PM. I am reporting the time because that's what it said to do. See, LRC has trained me good!

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

After the third try it worked okay.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve